for your career.
Join the Lyons Company team
as a Construction Cost Accountant
What's the job?
You have a passion for the numbers, clean ledgers, reconciled accounts, and organized invoicing. You are well-versed in accounting principles and functions with considerable experience in responsibly keeping fiscal records. We’re looking for you to join our team and fill our Construction Cost Accountant position in Bowling Green.
In this position, you’ll perform professional-level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records and be expected to bring considerable knowledge in accounting principles and accounting functions. You will be responsible for our general ledger, job cost, bank reconciliations and accounts payable. Additionally, you’ll perform monthly closings, maintain accounting files, and prepare and organize various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses. We are a team, so we expect everyone to be able to jump in and support others in ad-hoc projects and office support tasks when needed.
Expect more from your company. Expect more for your career.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a person of professional integrity
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in the field of accounting or other related field.
- Prefer at least 2-4 years of general accounting experience.
- Background in construction accounting.
Expect more. Build your career.
Ready to work with a company that invests in your growth and success as much as you do? A large family more than a corporation? One that stands with you, giving you a foundation to grow and lead? We pride ourselves on creating a motivating environment that offers unparalleled opportunities for professional development. Come join Lyons on the forefront of the mechanical construction industry.